Vyhledat témata bez odpovědí | Zobrazit aktivní témata Právě je pát 29. bře 2024 9:37:27

Odpovědět na téma  [ Příspěvek: 1 ] 
 Erwin Khachikian-pre pinkpop interview 
Autor Zpráva
Psycho
Psycho

Příspěvek Erwin Khachikian-pre pinkpop interview
Zatim sem se nerozhod, jestli to budu dávat na web... Rozhovory s členama FCC neměly moc velkou odezvu, tehle nepořizoval exkluzivně žádnej Čech a navíc se mi to zdá trošku nudný. Dám to aspoň sem pro zájemce...

Záznam audio rozhovoru: http://www.supload.com/music/View-downl ... KNEXG.html

Přepis:

At the start of the interview I ask Erwin if the gig in New York the day before went well.Erwin tells me that the show was in Washington DC and that it went well.

Q: Before joining Serj&FCC you were in the band Slow Motion Reign signed under Serj's label 'Serjical Strike'.

Did your own life change a lot after the switch, keeping in mind aspects like: coverage given by media, fame, time off of wife/kids and intensity of touring?

Erwin: Well, I don't have a wife and I don't have kids, so that part always stays the same, I just got my girlfriend(?s). But as far as touring and stuff, I was familiar with that whole touring, but ofcourse we've got this intensity, so yeah it kind of changed in some ways, you know we learn new challenges, new things, new ways of touring. Yeah of course I started a new journey with this project.

Q: With Serj and the Flying Cunts of Chaos you have been touring since October 2007.In November you guys played at 'de Melkweg' in Amsterdam in a small venue compared to the big ass venues present in say the US or the UK.

Is performing in a small venue a different experience compared to playing at a big venue like on a festival? Do you go into it any different?

Erwin: Playing for a smaller crowd is definitely more intimate, people see you much closer, whereas at festivals there's a huge crowd and there's less intimacy. So personally I think most of the musicians generally prefer somewhere smaller, but of course festivals are always nicer places to play to a bigger audience and to different listeners that wouldn't listen to you usually. So yes it's always nice to play anywhere, you know you still have to play the same songs, probably you will be a little more excited playing at festivals, just because there's more people there.

Q: Serj's lyrics on the album could be called politically flavoured (I know he hates that), maybe better even called humanitarian.

Are the lyrics and messages in the songs ones of topics which you and the other band members would discuss around a cup of coffee or a beer frequently? If not, is there one particular song which backs up your views on the world today the most?

Erwin: Well being together every day for such a long period of time, of course at the end of the day we sit down and we share certain things and political views we each have, but I think everybody just has their own view on the world, of course we're all pretty much on the same area, but we have discussed things that happen in the political world, so yeah we have discussed certain things and the journey continues.

Q: Well known artists have the opportunity to use their 'connection' with the audience (viewers/listeners), and make people think about subjects/issues beyond their own 'reference box'. This power of influence might be stronger than any government's or religion's views on life, mainly because music shares ideas and views on issues, other than enforcing it onto them.

Are Serj & FCC using these powers of 'free will' and 'enlightenment' to change our world ,maybe better said, knowledge of what is happening in the world today?

Erwin: "Yeah, I would like to think so, that with the music and the message that Serj has in the lyrics, I think we're trying to make the world a better place, making people aware of what is going on around them and I do hope we are achieving that.

Of course it's a powerful tool, music is very powerful an if it is not used properly, it could do more damage to society, but I'm pretty confident that what we're trying to say and trying to do,… is for a better place to live in for all of us.

čtv 27. lis 2008 19:16:11
Profil ICQ Zobrazit autorovy stránky
Odpovědět na téma   [ Příspěvek: 1 ]